HigherEducation.AE established in January 2015, was created with the goal of showcasing the UAE as a growing hub for higher education. Our aim is to draw in students and higher education institutions globally.
Headquartered in Dubai, we focus on the education and training sector, providing services such as market entry strategy, student recruitment strategy, new market development, digital marketing, and managed services solutions. We strive to collaborate with tertiary and K-12 institutions as well as investors, serving as a facilitator for their market entry and sustained success. Our commitment lies in delivering cost-effective, market-informed, flexible service levels with the utmost ethical conduct.
Higher Education Benefits
Higher education can provide students with many benefits, such as:
- Enhancing their knowledge, skills, and competencies in various fields of study
- Developing their critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving skills
- Expanding their career opportunities and earning potential
- Contributing to the social, economic, and cultural development of society
- Fostering their personal growth, self-confidence, and civic engagement
Higher education can also have positive impacts on the environment, health, and human rights, as it can promote research, innovation, and awareness on these issues
Higher Education in UAE
The UAE has a diverse and dynamic higher education system that offers a wide range of programs and qualifications to meet the needs and aspirations of its citizens and residents. The UAE has more than 120 public and private higher education institutions, including three federal universities, 28 federal colleges of technology, and 89 private universities and colleges.
The UAE’s higher education system is regulated by the Ministry of Education at the federal level, which oversees the general planning of higher education and licensing and accrediting of private institutes of higher education in the UAE. The Ministry of Education also provides scholarships and grants to UAE nationals who wish to pursue higher education in the UAE or abroad.
The UAE’s higher education system is also supported by other authorities, such as:
- The Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), which is responsible for ensuring the quality and standards of higher education programs and institutions in the UAE
- The National Qualifications Authority (NQA), which is responsible for developing and maintaining the UAE Qualifications Framework, which is a system of levels and descriptors that classify and compare different qualifications in the UAE
- The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), which is responsible for regulating the education sector in Dubai, including higher education
- The Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK), which is responsible for regulating the education sector in Abu Dhabi, including higher education
- The Sharjah Private Education Authority (SPEA), which is responsible for regulating the education sector in Sharjah, including higher education
Higher Education Mission
The UAE’s higher education system aims to achieve the following goals:
- To provide high-quality and accessible higher education opportunities for all
- To align higher education with the current and future needs of the labor market and the national priorities
- To foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and entrepreneurship among higher education students and graduates
- To enhance the international reputation and competitiveness of the UAE’s higher education sector
- To support the development of a knowledge-based and sustainable economy and society
Ministry of Higher Education Official Website: https://www.moe.gov.ae/En/Pages/Home.aspx